Mentoring sessions available USA June 2013
I can’t wait for my trip to the USA in June this year! I’ll be over for 3 weeks – starting on the west coast in San Francisco, then flying to Denver, then to New York, then driving to a pet photographer meet-up near Wilkes-Barre in Pennsylvania, then doing another road trip to New York, where I’ll be spending my birthday before flying home.
It’s going to be pretty hectic as I’ll also be offering photography sessions at these destinations. Make sure you get in touch if you want to book a session, you can find out what/when I have available on my travel page.
The good news? I’m also going to be offering mini mentoring sessions to pet photographers during my trip.
Due to my tight schedule, I won’t have enough time to organise any mock shoots or come along to a session with you, but I will have time to meet up over a coffee to chat about the topic or topics that you want to grill me about most! I’m happy to discuss almost all aspects of running a pet photography business and you can choose from these hot topics:
- Defining your target client and marketing (including social media marketing)
- Website design and search engine optimisation and promotion (did I mention I’m a website designer too?)
- Session procedure and shooting technical advice, including shooting on manual and shooting with backlight (theory only, no time for practice unfortunately!)
- Camera and lens selection
- Finding and choosing locations – what to look for and how to use the available features of the location
- Working with various types of pets – techniques that I use to get the shot
- Dealing with clients and best business practices including customer care and relations
- Editing and presenting your images at their best (bring your laptop along and I can demonstrate)
- Pricing for profit including what products to offer
- Quoting and securing commercial pet photography jobs
- Referral systems, how to set them up and make them work for you
I’ll be sharing information and techniques that I use myself in my own business and have honed and refined over 5+ years of running a successful pet photography business in Queensland, Australia. The only thing I won’t be covering will be USA-specific related business practices covering things like taxes and accounting – for obvious reasons!
Mini mentoring sessions will be available in these cities:
- San Francisco, CA – Tues 4th to Fri 7th June 2013
- Denver, CO – Sat 8th to Thurs 13th June 2013
- New York, NY – Wed 19th to Fri 21st June 2013
You can choose from an hour long session or a two hour long session. If there’s just one or two things you’d like to discuss then an hour should be enough, but if there’s multiple topics you want to grill me about, please book for two hours so we have a chance to cover everything.
Interested? Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll work out the details!
Dive in and get your paws dirty!
If you're keen to learn everything you can about pet photography, you should probably be on my mailing list. New FREE content is published weekly!